Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Locked and Loaded

Location: Garner, NC

Locked and Loaded is a motorcycle specific sports bar/restaurant. Their menu is similar to that of Scooters Bar and Grill (Hamburgers, wings, misc. sandwiches, etc). Primarily a Harley joint, but like Scooters, I've always felt welcome.

Both times I visited the place, I ate a hamburger. Both times, the quality was the same, and food tasted the same. Their burgers are pretty good...not the best in the world, but not bad either.

They've got home made chips that they call "buffalo chips". They're thin sliced potatoes, deep fried, just like you'd expect a home made chip to be. After frying, they put buffalo wing sauce, and parmesan cheese on it, if you want. I tried them this way the first time, and they were terrible. Quite possibly, the worst thing to ever go in my mouth. Ugh. The second trip I made to the place, I got them plain. This was was MUCH better than with the other stuff on it.

Both times I went, I went with a group of my buddies. I didn't hear any complaints from them about the food.

Their service one time was average, and the next trip it was slightly above average. Good enough that I'd go back, but...

For some reason, I haven't went back in a while. It's probably been 3 months or so since I've been. Normally anytime I'm on that side of town, I want wings, so I go to BWW. If I'm in the mood for a burger, or similar, I go to Scooters. L&L is a pretty cool place, with average service, and decent food, but it just didn't leave a "I've gotta go back there!" kind of impression on me.

Overall I'd rate this place a 6 out of 10. Slightly above average, but nothing to write home about. Definately worth checking out though if you're in the area, and I'd probably eat there more if they were a little closer to me.

No comments: