Saturday, July 9, 2011

Carolina Brewery, bikers breakfast, and other updates

So it's been a while since I've done any updates. Sold the last bike I was on, bought another, sold that, and bought another. Currently I'm on a 1999 Kawasaki Concours, and I think this bike is a keeper. I PLAN on holding on to it for a little while....certainly longer than 3 weeks like the last bike.

This update is about Carolina Brewery, but first let me step back in time a little bit. Earlier in this blog, I wrote about a place called "Michaels", that did a bikers breakfast every sunday. Not long after I wrote about that place, they went out of business completely, leaving us moto riders, without a place to go. Couple of places tried doing it, and all of them either quit serving sunday breakfast, or went out of business altogether.

Now, Carolina Brewery in Pittsboro NC had started opening Sunday morning at 9am, specifically for the bikers. They've aparently been doing it for 2 months or so now, but I found out about it 3 weeks ago. I'd visited the place before during normal hours, and thought it was a nice place with good food, but didn't consider it a "bikers hangout" type of place.

As the name implies, it is an actual micro brewery. I'm not a fan of beer, so I can't comment on what their beer is like, but it's a pretty cool place to eat dinner at.

For their biker breakfast, their menu is pretty simple. They have pastries, wraps, and sandwiches. On their sandwiches and wraps, you can choose any combination of the following: sausage, bacon, egg, and cheese. That's it. That's all the breakfast they have. I was a little let down my first time in, as I love hashbrowns, and they don't serve them. Not a huge deal though, as the sandwiches and wraps are pretty large. I had a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich, and it was pretty awesome. Much larger than I expected, and pretty filling. A friend that rode up with me had the wrap, which was quite a bit larger than any of us expected to see. After eating it, he commented, "I feel like I just ate a small child". Got a laugh from all of us.

For just a sandwich, I thought it was damn good. Nobody complained about that quality of food, and I think most of us felt the same way about it...pretty darn good.

The staff is extremely friendly to us. They seem to enjoy seeing all the bikes show up. Not just for the money, but because they seem to genuinely like seeing the bikes/bikers come in. On my second visit in, the lady that served me on my first visit, remembered me.

I've never seen more than 30 to 45 bikes there. Not a real large crowd at all, especially comparing it to Michaels when they were in their prime. With that said, this place has the potential to draw in a big crowd. GOOD food, a large parking lot, and wait staff that not only do an excellent job, but are also friendly with the customers.

I'll definately be heading back, and make it my new Sunday morning breakfast spot!

No comments: