Friday, December 14, 2007

Buffalo Brothers Pizza and Wings

Location: Raleigh, NC (Capitol Blvd)

BB's is a place I used to frequent a couple times a week. I still go there on occasion, just not for wings anymore.

This place is your typical Sports Bar & Resturaunt, that's a pretty family friendly place. They're pretty packed on friday nights, and normally play whatever "big game" is on. It's not just a wing joint, or just a pizza place. They've got a pretty good selection of food, and all of it is pretty good.

The food at this place is actually pretty good. I originally started going here for their wings, because at the time, they had the best wings in town....that I could find anyway. BWW's wings are better in taste, but overall quality is the same. More of a vinegar taste than I care for is the biggest complaint. They're hottest wings are warm, but eating a half dozen of them isn't any problem. They're probably the 3rd best wings I've had so far, so they're not terrible by any means...just not the best.

I've also had burgers and pizza at this place. Their burgers are pretty damn good. I'd say about a 7 out of 10. Their pizza is the best I've found in the area, short of REAL Italian Pizza (which is almost always the best). WORLDS better than any delivery pizza. This is usually what I get when I go here. If you haven't tried it, you should! ;)

The service here is USUALLY pretty good. When we stop in on the bikes, and it's blazing hot outside, they'll usually drop off a pitcher of whatever we're drinking at the table, and just refill the pitcher when we run out. We also usually are given the largest available table as well, so we've got plenty of room to put our jackets, helmets, etc. Every once in a while, we'll get a ding bat waitress that doesn't know wtf is going on, and our service will suffer...but these happenings are few and far between.

Overall, I'd rate this place about a 9 out of 10. It's convienient for me and most of my friends to meet at, the food is pretty good, good service, and they've always been friendly to me if I'm on my bike, or in the car. They'd get a 10 if they're wings were "only" as good as BWW's, but this gripe is minor. Don't let it stop you from trying them out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

plus they have the best potato salad...loaded potato salad...bacon, cheese, sour cream...omg yum!