Friday, December 7, 2007

Quaker Steak and Lube

From here on, known as QS&L. So far, this is the absolute best place for wings I've found, and what all other wing joints (and resturaunts/sports bars in general) will be measured by.

This is a pretty cool resturaunt that I stumbled onto about 6 or 7 years ago. On the outside, it looks like a automotive garage. Usually, there's a car parked out front by the faux gas pump, and on some days, there's a pretty big crowd. Inside the place, there's old bikes, bike parts, etc, hanging from the ceiling and walls. Very cool!

Their wings are hands down, the absolute best wings around....Period. They're meatier than most places. To many times have I went to a wing joint, and it looks like the wings came off a starving Etheopian chicken. Not here!

The sauce is pretty damn good as well. For the record, I like HOT wings. The kind that really make you sweat. When ever I go into a wing place, I always order whatever the hottest they have is. I realize not everyone is like this, and I've always got someone with me that doesn't like them nearly as hot. With that said, all of us that went liked the sauce. They weren't your typical vinegar based sauces like a lot of so called "wing joints" are (like Hooters has....ugh). In general, the sauces were "tasty". No idea how to describe it other than that. Hah. This place also has the second hottest sauce I've ever had in my life. They call it "Atomic Sauce", and for good reason. Borderline to hot. Four wings is about all I can eat of these. If you order these, they'll make you sign a waiver, and give you a free bumper sticket. I'm not sure if the waiver is more for the "Fun of it", or because some have actually complained about it being to hot (wouldn't surprise me). Either way, I got a laugh out of it.

I've also eaten other things from this place. Their burgers, cheese fries, steaks, everything, are all excellent. I haven't had anything that I didn't like there.

As I said in the beginning, there are no sports bars or wing joints any better than QS&L. This place gets a 10 out of 10 rating. I'll gladly ride the 2.5 hours to get there for their food!

No comments: