Sunday, July 18, 2010

Buffalo's Cafe

Location: Creedmore NC

Stopped in this establishment after a bike ride with my buddy Tony. It's located in a strip mall, but a fairly big place with a patio. Us smokers love patio's now, since NC has banned smoking inside resturaunts. What a crock of horse dung.

Anyway, I'd read a lot of review on this place. Everything from saying it sucked, to it's the best place in the entire universe to eat anything at.

Tony and I rolled up about 12:15 on a Sunday afternoon, and walked in. We were seated as soon as we walked inside, and drink orders were taken minutes after. A few minutes later, our food orders were taken. This is one of the few places that have a "wing combo". I really wish more places would do that. Ordering an order of wings, and a order of fries usually ends up costing more than I want it to.

IMG00121

The combo comes with 8 wings, fries, grilled corn on the cob, and a piece of garlic bread. Quite the combo for only $7.99!

After taking the pic, we dug in (Tony had his own plate ;) ). Garlic bread? Great! Grilled corn? Awesome! Fries? Good. Wings? Well....I'd have to call them average.

Once again, I got the hottest wings available. They weren't the hottest I've had by any means. Probably around a 7 to 7.5 on the hottness scale. The sauce taste was average. A fair amount of heat, but a little more vinegary than I normally care for. The wings themselves were slightly overcooked. Neither was terribly, and I'd definately go back again, but based on the wings alone, this will not replace Wild Wing Cafe in Brier Creek as my weekly place to eat. I'd definately like to go back and try some of their other stuff. They have a pretty good looking menu, with lots of stuff I'd like to try!

The service here was average. Waitress was on top of stuff, until we got our food. She'd come by about every 10 minutes to check on us, but each and every time I'd have to ASK for a refill. I hate ASKING for refills. I shouldn't have to in my opinion. She should notice when she walks up that I'm out, or nearly out of drink, and offer to refill it. Running out of drink is a pet peeve of mine. Letting my drink run dry repeatedly is a sure way to get NO tip. She did come by and check on us as I said though, so I can't be too hard on the girl.

The other thing she did was bring my back only a 5 dollar bill for my change. No one dollar bills. It kinda annoyed me, and had Tony not had a few ones he loaned me, she probably would have just got the loose change she brought back (maybe 40 cents). Does she really think I was going to leave her a 5 dollar bill? It seems as a lot of waiters and waitresses hope that will happen by only bringing back larger bills for change. Sorry, but not with this guy! I'll tip very well if the service is very good. Average service however, will get an average tip.

Overall, I'm rating this place around a 8.5. Average wings with average service. If the rest of the menu didn't look so promising, I'd rate them a little lower, but it looks so good. :D

No comments: