Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sticky Fingers BBQ

Location: Concord NC and Myrtle Beach SC

I first stopped by the SF in Concord. Was at Bass Pro Shop, and was going to go to my old favorite, Quaker Steak and Lube. We decided to try something different, and my buddy suggested SF telling me how good the place was. I'm not normally one for BBQ joints, or BBQ in general, but I decided to give the place a shot.

Seated quickly, ordered drinks quickly, and ordered food quickly. Why can't every place be like this?

I ordered smoked wings. The first time I tried this place was a year or so before I tried Sparks, and was also the first place I've had smoked wings from. If every places had smoked wings like this place did, I'd quit eating normal fried wings, These wings, while nothing like normal wings, are quite possibly the absolute best wings I've ever had anywhere in my entire life! Absolutely amazing! I just had wings for lunch today, and my mouth is watering for more wings....smoked wings from SF! They're not spicey at all, and only have the sauce they were cooked in on them. I ate a few of them like that, and also tried a few with the SF sauces they have at the table. Either way, these wings are GREAT!

I also ordered a bbq chicken sandwich. I'm a plain kinda guy usually, and only put a little sauce from the table on this sandwich. Nothing really special about the sandwich, and it was a little dry. Not terrible, but not the best bbq chicken sandwich I've had either. The fries that came with this, also did not impress me. They're kind of like the fries you get at Burger King.

As not good as the fries were (I don't want to say "bad", because they weren't, they just weren't great), the wings more than made up for it, as did the service.

The location in Myrtle Beach SC, was a very similar experience. Service not quite as great, but still good, and the wings were equally as good.

Overall, I'm rating this place a 9.5. Great wings, good other food, good to great service. I'll definately be going back!

No comments: